I try to:

-get to know well the level of the group (class)

-adapt the lessons to learner’s comprehension level

-put accent on understanding, not mechanical learning

-Not teach and teach… Teach – then get feedback! And let the feedback affect what you do or say next:
a) don’t proceed forward until the majority of learners in the class are comfortable with the subject;
b) in my opinion the success of a lesson depends on the learners feedback;
c) I evaluate myself based on students feedback (if I realize that something goes wrong, I will try to find eventual mistakes: maybe my expectations were too high, maybe the methods used were inadequate, maybe I didn’t use the right tools, etc.)

-Not chalk and talk! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Save/Bookmark

About this blog

Thoughts, ideas, opinions, facts... Mainly, but not exclusively about teaching and learning physics, nature and natural sciences.

Tag Cloud